Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hello World!


Well this is the first time I've ever blogged. My friend from middle school is the one who has pretty much inspired me to blog. That and the fact that I need a place to pretty much vent.

I recently got married to the love of my life. His name is Marco and is active in the US Army. Yep that's right, I am now married to the military. I've only been married for 1month 1week and 4days, and I'm loving it. What I am not loving, is that my now husband has to be gone half way around the world for over a year. He will be missing his birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentines...you get the point. For the first year plus of our marriage, my husband will be gone. I've gotten so use to the fact that I am a married woman, and two months into it, I have to live like if I wasn't.

The good thing about it is that i will be living surrounded by people that love me and will be there for my when I need it.

It sucks yes, but until his deployment comes I will be enjoying every moment that I will get to spend with him, even though its only when he comes home for the weekend.

1 comment:

X said...

How much time did you have together, after your wedding, before he went off into the horizon?

There's a really old folk song...
"My bonnie lies over the ocean,
my bonnie lies over the sea;
my bonnie lies over the ocean,
oh bring back my bonnie to me!"

... bonnie meaning beautiful, of course. I bet you can sympathize with whoever wrote the song.